Friday 13 July 2012

Rishabs Mundan (Hair Tonsure)

On 9th of July we had Rishabs Mundan ceremony. It was held in Laxmi Narayan Temple here in Singapore. We took him to the temple around 10 in the morning. The maharaj came and did some pooja and this was followed by the head tonsure. Rishab sat in Papas lap and the barber gave Rishab a lollipop and started off. Ohh the ceremony went off in a breeze. No crying or any kind of drama from Rishab.  By 10.30 am we were done with his hair shaving. We then took him for a short bath and this was followed by a small pooja again and some thread tying on the wrist. We also went to a gurudwara the same day. It was a surprisingly calm and relaxed ceremony without any tantrums from Rishab. He was really enjoying his hair being removed. Actually I think Rishab likes cleanliness, he lets me clean his ears without any fuss.. Good boy!! Mommy loves you!!











7 comments:

  1. Hi Priya,

    Please let me know how much amount do you spent on your son's mundan.

    Rgds.

    Nidhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi nidhi here we gave 25$ to the barber and 25$ to pandit for pooja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi nidhi, even I am planning for my sons mundan ceremony in Singapore. Did you pay anything for the temple as well other than the 50 $ for pandit and barber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I experienced the laxmi narayan temple mundan ceremony myself yesterday. They ask you to make online booking of 51$ which they say includes everything but once done at the venue they ask you to pay 25$to the barber and then the pandit ji ask for dakshina separately.

    I felt cheated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about mundan at other places in Singapore? I heard Murgan templ at Tank road also have all facalities.
      I am planning to do this weekend so just exploring.

      Delete
  5. Hi . I know i am posting on an old blog but hoping to get some answers. I plan to get my kid's mundan done in same temple. when i checked they said, shaving is done by zero machine. did you ask them for razor/knife especially ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Newme, When I checked with them they said that they would do it with razor, maybe the process has changed now, not sure, but surprising because I got my daughters mundane done too in the same temple in 2015 Dec and It was still the razor. Either the barber has changed or the Singapore rules have changed. You could try another temple just to confirm.

      Delete