Friday 18 January 2013

Playschool @ 18 months

We are back to Singapore and two new activities were planned for this month. One was his vaccination at 18 months which went off well except for the fever that he got for a day after the vaccination. The second is an exciting new phase .. Rishab starts with his playschool on 16 Jan 2013. He has a cute yellow and blue uniform and he looks adorable in it.

An unplanned incident also took place this month- I had a bad fall and had to undergo ankle surgery and currently am on bedrest for 6-8 weeks. Its tough but luckily my mom is here to help, so it seems manageable. This incident however has had a big impact on Rishab. Last week I was in hospiytal for 4 days... so he never saw me for all the days.. To add to it his dad was also spending considerably less time with him during the 4 days. Once I was back he was a "chipkoo" to both of us. Now he wants either mom or dad to be there for him each time. This makes things more difficult for me when my hubby is in office. Well my maids is having an even tougher time since my son now refuses to goto her.. as he only want me to do all things for him... A surprising new thing happened because of this... My husband with whom my son never went to sleep is also successful in making him sleep in the nights.. He apparently bores rishab so much by counting 1-10 that Rishab sleeps off.

However I really miss my son... its even more now cause these were things I used to do.. the exclusive mom thing... but now because of the fracture I cant do anything much with Rishab. I am hoping these 6-8 weeks pass off quickly and I go back to normal soon.

Preparations for Rishab to goto school began on Saturday. My usually late riser ... had to be awaken at 7.00am in the morning and have his breakfast... The somehow we had to stretch his nap time to 11.30 am. The finally sleeps by 8.30 -9.00pm. However, this transition was not too tough, he has managed to get into the rhythm.I really missed going to his school to drop him on the first day. This is a real milestone in every parents life when the child will be without the mother and goto an unknown environment for the first time in his life. Today rishab has completed 3 days of school but these 3 days he was accompanied by my mom so he was fine.. However still waiting to see what will happen on Monday when my mom does not enter class with him. I am sure he will cry.. Just want to see how loud his cry would be and how the teacher pacify him.

More on his school .. once he settles down.

No comments:

Post a Comment