Tuesday 24 January 2012

Rishabs Massage and Bath Time


Well we have started and practiced a ritual right from his birth that is to massage and bathe little Rishab in the evening just before he sleeps. Once he is back in the evening from his walks he would be a little tired so I start with his massage. The massage routine goes like this --- spread the mat, remove his clothes then immediately give him the oil bottle ... it dawns upon him.. its massage time...then a budhha-like smile will enlighten his face.. cause he loves his massage. I start with his face first... as he can get very irritated if I do his face later.. thats because if anyone of you has got a massage done before you would know that after massage you are relaxed and so you will want to sleep... and no one would want his face massage when he gets sleepy right !! Again an adult-like trait. I start with his forehead which he will let me do very calmly, then i proceed to his cheeks... which is also ok and allowed.. then the neck and chin.... baby gives a green signal to this too.. but then comes the nose.. the moment i touch it he will give a cry something like "I hate this.. stop it" so i quickly finish it and move over to the ears to calm him down. When I do his ears his becomes a statue.. cause i think he loves ear massage and he thinks he is getting some Bali massage(as claimed by his father). Well the tough part is over.

Next I go over to his chest and stomach and count from 1 to 10 and he laughs his heart out cause i think it tickles him.. obviously during this part of the massage some essential gases are release from his butt which make him laugh all the more. Then I move over to do his hands .. cross them, move them up and down and circle his shoulders.. oh how he enjoys it.. with me singing the one-two buckle my shoe.

Next is his legs another important part which needs proper massage since he cycles his legs so much during the day and tries to stand and walk.. the muscles of his legs need to be relaxed.. Well his first laugh was when i had massage his legs some 3 months back.. pressed his thighs said "chicken legs" and he had laughed for the first time... Till today I do the "Chicken legs" ritual on his thighs and he always laughs it out. Nowadays I sing "knee knee knee" when i do his knees , he gets tickled and laughs like he has gone bonkers. I love this moment .. oh my baby you have the most adorable laugh i have ever heard. Then I cycle his legs and make him to a half padmaasana (yoga pose) and then fly his legs into the air all the time singing some rhyme or the other. Last I do his back with is normal up-down on the spine.

Now comes the risky part.. removing his diaper... well risky because the pee can go in all directions if i miss it. Sometimes it will come as soon as I remove his diaper.. sometimes i need to fan him and it will come out in 3  waterfalls and i catch it with my super placement of diaper to avoid getting wet(mastered over the 6 months).. and sometimes if i am unlucky it will come the moment i feel "ok he wont pee"  and remove the diaper totally. In the earlier months when this sudden event would happen I would shout(because it was sudden) and poor guys pee would stop.. and Mrugesh would be laughing away to glory. Now I am used to it.. I just smile at rishab and he continues to pee all over me.

After the massage he is super excited, Papa dear has filled his bathtub with warm water (most of the times.. sometimes he goofs up with the temperature - too hot for rishab) and lifted him and the mischevious rishab realizes now is fun time. Papa dear does the part of holding him and I do the washing him part.. Rishab hates his hair being done  but otherwise enjoys... playing with the duck and splashing water..  First his face... nose is again the tricky part...other stomach, legs and other part no problem. When Mrugesh make him stand in the tub Rishab will start talking with himself  or singing to himself and will continue to JUMP JUMP JUMP... he also tries to look in all directions around him. Sometime he is so amazed to see his toes.. like they were never a part of his body... he will make weird expressions and gaze away to glory at them. He will try to drink the water I pour over him and while he is doing all these activities we need to bathe him.. so thanks dear hubby for holding him and keeping him distracted otherwise poor mommy would not be able to handle rishab alone all the way. Well one more thing that hubby dear helps me in is making the "soooo soooo" noise so that if Rishabs missed peeing( after the massage) he does it in the tub.

May be you would enjoy a short video of him:
https://picasaweb.google.com/110030338176687730236/Jan92012


Once bath is over dear hubby takes over the task of changing baby, powdering and diapering him while mommy prepares the bed for Rishab. Thanks for your support dear hubby.

Well this is one of our daily rituals which Rishab enjoys like crazy..and we enjoy watching him bathe.. as days go by and he outgrows one bath tub after another.. the feeling of his growth sinks in and so does a feeling of achievement as parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment